Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Summer time fun and my 36th Birthday!

The day that mom left, the kids had their first swim of the season!  My friend, Wendy, has extended us an open invitation to her beautiful pool and the kids have been Dyig for it to be ready!

Anxious to get in!

They all just jumped in, not toes in, no checking, no slowly adjusting...

Keenan dove in!

Go Caleb!

Haha, Riah!

Ooooh, cold!!

On the 19th, we got a basketball net and Philip set it up after a long day on inpatient and he and the kids played their first game in the dark in pajamas! =)

It has been soo much fun for us and our neighbors!

 On the 20th, I went out with some friends for the evening (my friend, Wendy did my hair) =)

The 23rd through the 25th was the annual CC Practicum.  This time it was at a church 1.5 miles from our house! =)  The kids were in Play Camp (Caleb), Geo Draw Camp (Moriah) and Logic Camp (Keenan).  Philip came for all three days this year!    I loved having him there and soo appreciated him taking the time to come and support me in our homeschooling venture.

On the 25th, after the last (8 hour day) of practicum and a busy evening out, the kids and I got home at 8 pm (Philip was on base) and I was soo tired I could cry.    I told the kids this and asked if they could please cooperate and get ready for bed and that I still needed to water the garden and flower beds.    Keenan offered to water for me (he Hates this job!) and Moriah and Caleb quietly took themselves to bed.    I went in and tucked them in and then (upon seeing the state of the house), decided I didn't want to wake up to that on my birthday morning, so I started to clean up, fold laundry and put things away.   Keenan came in from watering and asked if he could help with anything else.  (Who IS this kid??)  He offered to fold laundry (which he also hates!) and I ended up giving him a bunch of random jobs, which he did with the sweetest attitude and kept tasking what else he could do for at least an hour, until everything was done.   I was SO blessed and thankful and proud!   That was the Best birthday present he could have given me! <3 p="">

(Ubeknownst to me), he woke up around 11 pm and started decorating the dining room!   Philip got home part way through and helped him finish.

I got up to this the next morning =)

The kids love when I do streamers over their doors, so Keenan did it for me too! =)

That morning, Philip and the kids gave me sweet cards and gifts, and then the kids and I went to my friend, Dawnita's, for the women's prayer meeting... and my friends had put together a little surprise party in her yard!    There was delicious fruit salad and healthy fruit and nut muffins, I got three yummy loose leaf teas, and some awesome bath and body stuff.   One of them had also dropped off a beautiful hanging plant on my porch a couple days earlier.

Michaela, Melissa, Dawnita and Lindsay

For lunch, the kids and I went to Chick Fil A (with Wendy, who had Never been before!).   After that we went to Wendy's and the kid's swam for a while.

That evening, our friends hosted a BBQ and we went and hung out with lots of people we love and then came home and Philip and I watched La La Land (modern day musical) which I loved and highly recommend!

What a WONDERFUL birthday!

On Saturday, Keenan and I went to the WSU stadium to see Gabriel run in the state track meet!   Unfortunately, though we'd been tracking times online and planned to get there in time for his event, we only saw his relay team finish.   Boo.   

It was a HUGE event!!

Later that day, we went to a wedding (separate post to come).

On Sunday morning we went to All Star Sports (with free tickets from a friend!)

We got there just after they opened, so there was no lines for anything and nothing was crowded, it was perfect!

First up, go carts!


Caleb had SO much fun doing this!

We were the only ones on the track and had so much fun!   The ride lasted quite long, too!

Next we did Lazer Tag!    The kids and I had never played before and we had a blast!   We were the only ones in there, so that made it extra fun.  (Turns out I had my gun pointed backwards the entire time - HAHAHAHA!)  Still super fun =)

Last was mini golf!

It's fun that the kids are all old enough to play now and they actually played a hole ahead of us.

My man and I

After that we went out for a belated birthday lunch to McAlister's Deli - so yummy!

 Look at this beautiful "veggie cake" my friend, Michaela made at house church on Sunday! =)

At piano lessons the last couple of weeks, Moriah has had a blast playing with this doll house that belonged to her teacher when she was young!

Setting up house

 Look at this miniature playing card!
(There are so many tiny accessories, teeny, tiny forks, tiny books with real words, a tiny old fashioned sewing machine... so cool!)

Goofy rabbit candy from their teacher =)

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Wow, Keenan is full of surprises. How did he wake himself up at 11:00? That was so cool and I am so glad your Birthday ended up being so special!!! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I have an evening to catch up here. Like I've told you before, I always READ your blog, but it sometimes takes me a while to get to commenting.

That's so brave to jump right in the pool! That's how Mark gets in. I go in SO SLOWLY... I think my way is worse torture, but that sudden jolt of cold is just such a shock! I love the picture of Moriah's face as she goes in the water. COLD!

I love the basketball net! We used ours a lot growing up!

Your hair looked awesome when Wendy did it, and I love the green shirt on you!

Your family was SO SWEET to you on your birthday! I love how grown up and mature Keenan was and how your family served you to make you feel special on your birthday <3

Love you!
Love,
Rebekah