Saturday, December 24, 2016

Sledding and Skating

We've been thoroughly enjoying Philip's vacation days!!

Since the temperature started rising, the kids got in some last sledding on Thursday...

The launch...

...the landing...

...and the slide!

Mount Wichita!

So happy to have the best snow in the neighborhood!  (Some of our neighborhood kids came over to use it, too!)

Turns out you don't have to have a big hill OR much snow to have fun!!

Keenan's "run and jump"!

Woops!
(...and Caleb throws a snowball)

That wasn't his best run ;)

So much fun!



Mom and Jeff left "It's a Wonderful Life" for us, so we watched it that night and the kids LOVED it!  =)

On Friday morning we went skating!   We hadn't been since the winter of 2014!

A picture with a friendly polar bear
(Oh, Caleb!)

Caleb was a little too young last time, but he had a really fun time this time!

Us girls

Moriah had a bit of a hard time at first, but it wasn't long before she got the hang of it

I was so proud of Caleb for persevering even though he fell SO many times at first!

I could hardly catch a photo of Keenan because he was zipping around the ice like a pro, playing tag with new friends!

Look at her go!

He did So well!!

It was pretty busy!

A nice girl took a family picture for us 
(with the Canadian flag in the background and Keenan's twin!)

I love this one of us that Keenan got
(Give Philip a few days off work and he gets scruffy!) =)

Daddy and his girl

This nice man (who was a very talented skater) was trying to give Caleb some tips

Keenan and I decided to race around the rink...and I was totally winning until I slipped and fell... feet straight out in front and smack down on my tailbone!    It hurt SO badly!   I was done skating at that point, but Philip, Keenan and Moriah kept skating for a while.   I was afraid I had bruised my tailbone, but thankfully it got slowly better the rest of the day.

The rest of the day was pretty chill, except for my (crazy) last minute run to Walmart that night!

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Enjoyed catching up, heading home now!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

I love that you took your family sledding! I know you guys did this a lot growing up, and I remember being impressed by what a good (and fast!) skater you are! I'm sure your kids were impressed :) Sorry you fell though. That's a bad way to end the day... And I'm proud of your kids for their persistence! Good job guys!