Friday, December 16, 2016

Introducing Christmas Cookie Decorating to our Ugandan Friends

On Sunday, the kids and I made cookies and decorated some as an example. We took several kinds of soup and had lunch with our Ugandan friends. It was a bright spot in the reality of life for them, as their dad was in the hospital with a brain injury, and their mom was staying with him full time.

I was lazy and did pre cut cookies and canned frosting

The kids had a great time!



From the four year old to the nineteen year old... it was a hit!







Everyone showing off a cookie
(L-R: Gabriel, Moriah, Michael, Caleb, Roger, Patricia, Justus, John)

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

So glad you did that, it looks like it was a great time for them and great timing for them. The one boy's shirt says, "Jesus Loves Me" so glad to see that!!!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

I'm sure the kids were thrilled to have you come in the middle of such a stressful time.

"And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'
Matthew 25:40

<3