Sunday, November 20, 2016

Turkey Trot and Friendsgiving 2016

Yesterday the kids and I ran the Turkey Trot again. It was a chilly, 30 degree (felt like mid 20's) race!

Fortunately, this time we got to wait inside until start time!

Jade and Eden ran too!

The boys

The girls

Only the kids registered, I just ran alongside Moriah to keep her company.

At the start (it was a huge race!)

Keenan and Jade making their move

Us girls right out of the start

It was a great race!    At the end, when it came to the "chute" in to the finish, I broke off and ran along the side... I got a chuckle out of these pictures Philip took as Moriah finished (Keenan was too quick and finished before Philip was ready!)

I realized that tiny red blob over on the left was me!!  Haha!

Look how determined she was!

I think this woman was surprised (and then cheered) when that little pink streak shot past her! =)

There she goes!  

There were 1,543 runners
Keenan placed 271st, his time was 17:27 and pace was 8:44 (he beat 1, 272 people!)
Moriah placed 683rd, her time was 22:08 and pace was 11:05 (she beat 860 people!)

With our friend, Colin from CC (his first race ever!)

Us and some friendly photo bombers =)

When the Pennys signed up, all the turkeys were gone, so we gave them one of our vouchers, but the kids and Philip picked out this Beast!

26 pounds!!!

Last night was the second annual "Friendsgiving" hosted by our friends in Planeview, the Poseys and Tomsens!   So much fun!

Moriah and Caleb by the fire pit

SOOO much food!

People everywhere!

This picture looks like an accident, but I actually took it to show that in this tiny piece of hallway, there were FOUR baby seats with sleeping babies inside! =)

Fun times with friends old and new!


We are so blessed with the friends and community we have here, thank you Lord!

2 comments:

Judy W. said...

I forgot to look at this yesterday, I see where the 26 pound turkey came from!! Good job in the race Keenan and Moriah!!! (and Joia) Fun times!!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

It's strange that your weather has been colder than ours! At least I think so... If Americans did things in celsius, it would be much easier to compare :)
I love the picture of Moriah passing the lady! So cute! And what an awesome runner!
Good job to both Keenan and Moriah!
I love the Friendsgiving! It looks like so much fun!
And what a mammoth turkey!