Thursday, November 3, 2016

October Phone Pics

Some pictures from my phone that I wanted to remember:

While Philip was on a trip to Milwaukee last week, the kids and I hauled this H-E-A-V-Y, old TV up the stairs and out to the trash (we have been meaning to do this since we moved here!)

We felt SO great for doing this!

Keenan and Moriah at the top of a tree at the park

So... I was hanging out with some friends a couple weeks ago, wearing this dress, and one friend noticed that another of our friends had earrings that matched my dress perfectly!   She jokingly said, "Well, now Joia needs to have those earrings!"   The friend wearing them immediately took them off and gave them to me!   It was Such a sweet and generous gesture (at the end of a pretty horrible couple of days for me).   The friend who suggested it is a blossoming artist and snapped a photo of me on her phone and went home and did this beautiful colored pencil portrait to commemorate the moment!    What a precious gift!   I am so blessed.

Moriah (in her new winter coat) with a beautiful scarf she made herself!   I'm so proud of her!

My little helper during a stint with the twins on Tuesday

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

Wow, the portrait of you is amazing!! What a good artist!!! What a great friend!!!

Good job on the scarf too Moriah!!!

Kathleen said...

Agree with your mom! What a beautiful gift from both your friends-earrings & the portrait!

And awesome scarf, Moriah!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

I love these updates...

And I love seeing Moriah with babies. She definitely comes by that naturally :) Just like her mom (and Uncle Mark I guess!)