Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter 2016

This Easter Sunday was full of surprises!

When we woke up in the morning (early, to get ready for a sunrise service with our house church), the ground was covered in SNOW!   This was the most snow we've had all winter (and winter is over!)   The kids were So excited, you would have thought it was Christmas morning!    It was Much too cold for the kids to wear their new Easter outfits though... boo.

The Longas opted to sleep in and go to church with a friend... =)

Cuh-razy!

Just as the pure white snow covers the dirt, so Christ's shed blood for us covers our sins

We were supposed to have an outdoor, fellowship around a fire sunrise service, but it got moved inside.   It was warm cozy and the fellowship was so sweet!    What a mighty God we serve!   He is Risen Indeed!   A delicious breakfast followed.

Ben and Kelly with one week old baby Elsie! =)

Caleb and Treyson with Dr. Todd, one of their favorite people

Melissa with the Alleman girls, Esther and Cora

Melissa, Malinda and Dawnita

Jessica, Sam and Elias

Lindsay and Drew

Nick and the (amazing) ham

Todd pointed out that the room had "segregated itself"....

All the women (and baby girls) were in the living room...

...and the men were in the kitchen!  So funny! =)

Dawnita and I (what a blessing she is to me)

Our first ever snowy Easter family picture! =)

When we got home, the kids and I headed to the front yard to make the most of the snow before it melted!

I figured this called for a "snow bunny!"

Fun!

Caleb filling his sled with snow

Building more snow men (and bunnies)

Snow angel!

I pulled Moriah and she pulled Caleb (all around the house)

A couple days ago two of our sweet neighbors came by with this giant Easter basket for the kids!  They love to watch them play outside and said this was a thank you for the Christmas cookies =)
(I knew that if I added just a few things from the package the kids had received from Grandma E, this would do for all six kids!)

By 3 pm, the front yard looked like this!

Philip and I went for a sunny, beautiful walk in the 53 degree weather - what a crazy day!

Yay!   After dinner it was nice enough out that I could get pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits!!

First I just did the girls...

We got Rachel this outfit for her birthday

Our three munchkins


Love them so much!

A big friend's picture!

I realized I hadn't taken any pictures with George in them, so I remedied that

Caleb on the one remaining snow boulder in the yard!

This one is a little out of focus, but here they all are with the basket, with the additions from Grandma Eberts and chocolate bunnies from me =)

What a fun Easter!

3 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

Wow! What a crazy, crazy day! When I was looking at your pictures on FB, I couldn't figure out how you had the snow pictures the same day as the Easter pictures!!! Wow! I'm glad you were still able to have sweet fellowship together even if it didn't look exactly how you'd planned it... Anyway, it looks like you had a beautiful Easter <3 Love you all!

Mom W. said...

Wow, we had ice rain and you had snow!!!

The weather is so weird!! Thanks for showing the pictures of your company, they look like great friends!!!

Mom W. said...

PS, the Easter outfits are so nice, I love the boys shirts!!!