Thursday, March 3, 2016

Art in our House

 Here is some of the art that has been going on in our house lately!

All of the kids now love drawing (which makes my heart So happy!) but Moriah, especially, has a need to draw.  Everyday.   She just has to get it out of her system. =)

 This is a sharpie and rubbing alcohol project she did on canvas

 This is Jesus and the empty tomb

 How adorable are these tiny canvases??

 A healthy plate - sandwich (complete with meat, cheese and lettuce), grapes, blueberries, carrot and green beans =)

 I love these shoes she decorated with Sharpies!

This is a self portrait (copied from the portraits in our dining room) and a robot

I think she did an excellent job copying this book cover

Keenan draws pretty much daily as well and his art is... ALL BOY! =)   He really enjoys watching tutorials online and drawing things (mostly robots/transformers).  While they aren't my cup of tea, I can't deny that he does a great job. =)

Optimus Prime

 Bumble Bee
(He's in action and his leg is bent, it's not missing)

 He made this one for Philip to have in his office =)

 Max Steel

 I love this wolf!   (I loved it a tiny bit more before the addition of blood to the teeth) ;)


Caleb has some great talent, too, and is constantly surprising me at how well he is at copying things in his own style!

 A minion

 Sunflower

 Chicken and baby chicks

 Steamboat

 Helicopter

 Mommy Koala with a baby on her back

 (Slightly scared) robot

Here are a couple of things I've done recently...

 Watercolor cupcake

I painted this covered bridge (Cox Bridge in Vinton, County, OH) for Jeff's birthday card

A horse I drew from a tutorial

I did some Sharpie shoes, too.  They aren't done, but this is what the front looks like... our family in birds =)

3 comments:

The Woodfords said...

Love all the artists in your house, and what they are accomplishing! Great job! So neat to see the different things from each person.

XO
Steph

Mom W. said...

Wow, good job to all of you!! Love the sharpie shoes, such a neat idea, how come I never thought of doing that? Your horse is really good Joia!!1

Mark and Rebekah said...

I love all the art in your house! How fun! I want to come and create things with you all. It was really neat seeing all of the kids' interests reflected in their art :)