Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fun Family Day

Today was a laid back, fun day where we just enjoyed being together, without anyone else.

Philip did have to go in to the hospital for a few hours, but I went out early and picked up donuts for them all for breakfast.   (We may have found a favorite donut place here to replace the one we loved so much in Florida!)   The coolest one (I thought) was one shaped like a pine cone!

Happy kids with the donuts

After Philip left for work, we picked up Dolphin Tale 2 from redbox and made popcorn and spent the morning snuggled on the couch.   

After lunch and naps, we headed on base for their "Family Bowling" deal.   2 hours of bowling, 1 large pizza and a pitcher of soda.    Fun times!    I made my own pizza to take along...and it was amazing!

Cauliflower crust, goat cheese, roasted pears, caramelized onions and bacon

Happy bowlers!




The kids all did really well and we all had a great time!   I actually broke 100 for the first time in a long time!  Ha!

Waiting for her turn =)

I love this shirt!

...and I love this guy!

We ended the evening with a trip to Walmart to buy new lamps for the living room - Yay! =)


3 comments:

The Woodfords said...

Oh, so nice you could have most of a day together! So special, and so important!

Pear and onion - sounds interesting! Did it have tomato sauce, or something else?

XO
Steph

Joia said...

Steph, it had goat cheese in place of sauce =)

Mom W. said...

The pizza does look interesting, still haven't tried it, do I have to use a blender for the cauliflower? or what?