Sunday, June 14, 2015

Water Fight!

Last week, the kids and I got home from running some afternoon errands, and it was HOT out (we're in the high 90's now), so I suggested they have a water fight in the driveway!

Bucket dumping


Fun shot as they threw water towards me (while I kept at a safe distance)

=)

Wet faces



Drying off on the hot pavement

Cute shot at dinner

Monday night, we had our friends, the Andersons, and their four young kids stay the night again.   Here is Moriah entertaining the babies =)

All day Monday - Wednesday, the kids and I were at a Classical Conversations Practicum at the Wichita Area Technical College.   The kids went to cool kid's camps (Caleb was in Play Camp, and Keenan and Moriah were in the Geo Draw camp).   They had a blast!   I went to morning sessions where they went over the three phases of CC (Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric), and had my passion for homeschooling rekindled!   In the afternoon, I went to Tutor Training (since I will be tutoring a class at our new community in Derby this fall!)   It made for some long, busy days, but it was a Great experience!



2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Good for you that you are tutoring a class, I knew you had some teacher blood in you!!! =)

I bet the kids (and their Mom?) slept well after the water fight and all!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

Wow, that's so cool! I'm glad that your "PD" sessions rekindled your passion. Unfortunately after PD sessions here, I (and many of my colleagues) feel overwhelmed and inept... There are just not enough hours in the day! I'm glad though that you had the opposite reaction.

I'm SO EXCITED that you'll be one of the tutors. Does this mean that you teach a subject? I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!