Friday, May 22, 2015

Silly Photos, School's Done and Painting

 The other day, I let Keenan take pictures on our old camera.   Here are some of the ones he took:

 A magnatile fortress they built

 Old West Moriah

 Super Girl Moriah

 Doctor Moriah

 Knight Moriah

 Ninja Moriah =)

Here are a couple random shots I took the other day:

 Rain on the leaves in front of our house

Busy hand at math

A friend of ours (who recently gave us a bunch of fresh chicken eggs), brought over a dozen DUCK eggs the other day!   I was soo excited to try them!

 This shows the difference between the chicken and duck eggs in size and color!

 I had one for breakfast in this Sweet Potato Hash

We finished school for the year on Thursday!  Woohoo!



The kid's chose Braum's for their celebratory dinner that night and had milkshakes for dessert. =)

On Monday, I went to "Paint Nite" with a few of my friends.   The painting we did was called "Wish".

I had a good time, but the instructor at this one was not nearly as good as some of the ones I've had in the past.   The best part was being with a fun group. =)

This picture is from Suzanne's phone.   All of our completed masterpieces

Mine

A couple days later, I was thinking about the class, and wondered if I could do one of the painting on my own, without doing the class and paying $35.   I looked online, found one I liked, and sat down (with Moriah) to see if we could duplicate it!

This is the painting we chose, it's called "Fort Noir et Jaune"
(The translation I found said "Strong Black and Yellow?)

After I finished (using a 2x3 inch image on my laptop), I realized that I could have clicked on it and made it Much larger!   Argh!

Part way through the process

Our finished paintings:

Moriah's

 Mine (I painted mine as a birthday gift for someone, so I added the blue to make it match the theme) =)

 She's a good little painting buddy! =)

I just bought two table easels and a new set of brushes, so we're ready for the next one!

2 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Did you see we are getting ducks? We are really interested to find out if Isaac is allergic to them as most people aren't allergic to chicken AND duck eggs. We will see!

Mom W. said...

Wow, very impressive, Moriah is doing amazingly!!!

The duck eggs do taste different don't you think? OK though.