Friday, May 22, 2015

Joint Birthday Brunch!

 My friend, Kelly, and I share the same birthday!    A couple months ago, I told her I thought it would be fun if we had a birthday brunch with a bunch of our friends.  She agreed, and so it was today (a few days early).

Kelly and I, birthday twins (8 years apart) =)

 The dining room all set for the party

 Since it's Kelly's "golden birthday", I incorporated gold into the color scheme

 This cake sort of inspired the whole idea =)

 Yogurt bar!
(This was so much fun...and so delicious!)

 The cake got a little fancied up


 Strawberry Lemonade and Champagne and Orange juice for Mimosas

 I made the cake and did the yogurt bar and Kelly made two quiches.  Our friends brought the rest:
Berry baked oatmeal, scones, fruit salad, goat cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon, chocolate banana bread, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and bacon and sausage bites!

 With our friend, Lauren H, who had to leave early

 With the cake

 Haha!

 It was really fun to use my china for the party and it got lots of compliments!

 This recipe is on my blog

 Most of our guests!
Angela (and Elias), Christa (and Eden), Jessica, Dawnita, Becca (and Cora), Felisha (babysitting Bennett), Lindsay, Me, Kelly and Lauren (with Wheeler)

Michaela arrived after the group photo

Favors - fancy tp rolls painted with gold, sealed with pretty tape and filled with gold Sixlets (candy covered chocolate balls)

What a fun morning!   Kelly and I are both so blessed to call all of these women friends and it was so great to get to celebrate our birthday(s) with all of them!

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Looks like was a great time and great food!!!

Bethany said...

Fun! And everything is so pretty!