Sunday, April 19, 2015

Family Festival of Fun

Yesterday, the kids and I went to a free (annual, I think?) event on base for families. Philip was working, so we were glad to have something to do, but Really wished he could have been with us!

The funs started with the kids getting to Ride in a firetruck!

Keenan got to ride up front!

So excited!
They took a loop around the block, with sirens and all!

Coming back in, Keenan waving in the front

With Sparky the fire dog and his buddy

Keenan trying on a (heavy!) bullet proof vest

Ready to fire!

Moriah opted for no gear =)

Cutest little gunman ever =)

Caleb drew his very first people Ever!   So exciting!

Waiting in line to play a game... Caleb cracked me up

There were Tons of games to play, with candy and prizes for every one (I cut them off of the candy after the first two games), crafts, balloons...

Lunch was free..and was ridiculous!   There was Papa John's pizza, sub sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, Chick Fil A sandwiches, cookies, chips,  snow cones...  The kids were over the moon!    They said it was "the best day ever!"  Ha!

Keenan got every single flavor on his snow cone

A cool bomb disarming robot!

We got to see it in action and it was super cool!

There was also a petting zoo...

They had some pretty exotic animals!

The kangaroo was so cute, lying down and licking his paws

These baby goats were So tiny and adorable!
They couldn't have been more than a few days old

Camel and Zebu

Caleb liked the zebra

Cotton candy!

Ice cream!

The ice cream was from Freddy's and came in adorable little sundae cups with tiny spoons

Keenan rocking a "Minute to Win It" game
(He had to thread the spaghetti through six noodles in a minute, using only his mouth)

Caleb stacking hex nuts with a straw

Caleb's tattoo

Moriah got a pretty butterfly

She made this cute button =)

Fun balloons

Last up... a Humvee ride!

The kids were so stoked!
(Okay, so was I)

Cool cat

How cool is this??

They got to sit in the back with the hatch open!

Way cool

He was as happy as a dog with it's head out the window

Thanks, McConnell Air Force Base for putting on such a great event!

We went to a cookout at a friend's house last night and I took this.   I hadn't made it in a long time, and the blog definitely needed some better pictures of it.   Butterfinger Trifle.

 Always a crowd pleaser



I also took this Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce, you know to balance things out =)




4 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

Wowzers! I can't believe that all of this and all of the food (it looks like there was TONS of food!) was free! So fun! I've never been in a fire truck... I think it would be fun :)
Glad you guys had a fun weekend.

Rob said...

I second what Rebekah said. Although I'd have to say the Humvee ride would outdo the fire truck for me.
Oh and BTW, Caleb was working with "hex nuts."

Joia said...

Rob, Yes, the Humvee was pretty epic.

Thanks for the tip on the nuts - I don't know these things =)

Mom W. said...

Wow, I didn't know that humvees had a hole in the roof!! Like an armored car? So much food!!! What a treat!!!

Is that what it takes to get a comment out of Rob??? ;)