Monday, December 15, 2014

Ice Skating With the Kids!

Last week we took the kids ice skating for the first time!   As a girl who Loves to skate, it makes me soo happy to live in a city with year round ice skating!!! =)

First up, we got the kids hooked up with skates:

The ones we rented for Caleb are THE CUTEST skates I have ever seen!

So tiny!

All set and so proud!

These two were so excited!!

It proved a little tricky for Caleb, so he spent most of the time playing behind the boards

You can't really see it, but I'm wearing my Canadian mittens here =)

Keenan got the hang of it really fast!

Moriah did a great job, too!
(See Caleb in the background)

Coming back across the ice with Caleb

Love this!!

He was pretty happy sitting up here and watching

Smiley picture after a tumble

So proud of this guy!

A teary, sore-bottomed Riah putting on a brave smile with Daddy

She just kept at it and was getting around really well!

Dudes on the way out

Can't wait to do this again!  =)   Taking my own kids skating is something I've been looking forward to for a long time!

3 comments:

Aunt Heather said...

I can't believe the Canadian flag hanging in the arena!

Mom W. said...

...and a big flag it is, is that a tribute to Canadian Hockey???

Nice that the kids can learn young, Caleb will "get it".

Mark and Rebekah said...

How exciting Joia! I remember going skating with you when you lived in Detroit. I hadn't known you were such a good skater! That's cool that the kids can rent skates until their feet stop growing...

Anyway, just a cute story. Last night when Mark went to give blood, he took his iPad with him to get caught up on reading your blog :) He said he had been quite behind, but he's all caught up now :)