Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Has Come to our House!

It was soo much fun decorating a new house for Christmas! There are so many fun, different places to put things and decide where and how stuff should go...

The finished living room
(I love how bright this space is, compared to our last living room!)

The tree
(We now have so many ornaments, they didn't all get hung!)
My favorite part is the ribbon, not because I know how to wrap it around very well, but...

...because it's covered in the names of God!

The mantel

I LOVE how this canvas turned out!!

This tiny sled is pretty fun

The shelf in the dining room

I love this little penguin Moriah and I found at Lowes while waiting forever on an online Black Friday order =)

The shelf above the couch and my sweet Christmas girl

The light above the table needed some pizzaz...

Some greenery, burlap ribbon and extra Christmas balls...

This wooden holder was salvaged from a construction trash pile in our neighborhood, scrubbed down and painted =)
I Love these stockings that Aunt Mary D gave us last year!

The kid's stockings are on the railing at the top of the stairs

The kid's bathroom even got a little Christmas cheer =)

The tree at night

This is a terrible picture (because I did't use a tripod and was shivering from the Cold), but it makes me sooo happy that Philip got some outdoor lights for the little tree in our front yard! =)

...and that's the end of our Christmas tour =)

4 comments:

The Woodfords said...

Everything is gorgeous!! You have such amazing talent, Joia, seriously!! I think my favourite was the ribbon with the names of God on it - so special!

Love you all!
Steph

Mom W. said...

I love the 3 monkeys in the middle on the mantel decorations!!! Great job Joia, all looks so Christmasy!! I like the ribbon too!!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your decorations... I think I'll try something like your light decoration over my table next year. I love ho light your house is too... Very pretty. My favourite though is the GORGEOUS picture of your three kids! So nice!

Myron Payne said...

Your Christmas decor looks so lovely. I like the simple elegance of the mantel with the kids' picture, which is super adorable. However, what really took my breath away was the Chirstmas tree. It looks so magical. Hahaha! Anyway, thank you for sharing that tour with us! Wishing you all the best!

Myron Payne @ Finlay Brewer