Monday, November 17, 2014

Sledding!

I don't think I said yesterday, but by the time it was all said and done, we had about four inches of snow! Philip said, as we were driving over snowy roads, "It seems like we should be Visiting here, not living here." It Does seem surreal that we live in a place with snow again! =)

Philip is out of town for a few days for some training, but the kids and I (after finally outfitting them all with the appropriate outdoor wear), bought some sleds and tried out a small hill not to far from our house!   I have to admit, my expectations were pretty low....the hill is not very tall, or steep, and I figured I was going to have to push them all the way down the hill! =)  Surprisingly though, they Flew down the hill and went quite far and we all had a blast!   Take a look..

This girl's got steering skills! =)

The boy's first run down

I love the progression of Keenan's facial expressions =)

=)

Pure Joy!  Moriah Joy!

Getting ready to steer that sled!

Dream come true for this boy to be able to sled near HIW OWN HOUSE!

These pictures make my heart so happy

Look how far Moriah went!

Keenan actually took this one, I really like it!

Caleb and I, thumbs up!

Off we go!

I LOVE this picture of these two!

Moriah made a snow angel when we got home (and immediately regretted her choice to do it without mitts on!)

Yay for winter fun in November!

2 comments:

The Woodfords said...

I've missed out on a bunch of posts here - looks like you're having lots of fun! So neat to have the snow, I'm sure your kiddos are just ecstatic! What a neat birthday party for Caleb! Too bad you weren't able to go to the farm, but it looks like you had a great time at home!

Love and miss you all!
Steph

Mom W. said...

Wow, so glad the kids are enjoying the snow, but 6 feet in Buffalo is a little much don't you think??