Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Neighbors, Friends, Food.... Africa

We have neighbors two doors down from Tanzania. I have done photos of their kids several times and their family came to Caleb's birthday party last week. This past Sunday, I did photos at the christening of their 20 and 5 month old sons.

The whole family
Jackie, Joel, Alexis, Allison, Abram and Aiden

After the service, they invited everyone over to their house for lunch, a bounty of delicious African fare!    It was such a great experience!   The house was busting with people, there were about six women busting around the kitchen, with more Swahili being spoken than English, and a Huge dining room table Filled with dishes and pots and plates of food!

Jackie and I
(She introduced me to her family and friends as her "neighbor, friend and sister")  =)

Look at that!   Jackie came through the line with me so she could tell me what everything was.  I tried a little of almost everything and it was All amazing!!

I love this picture I took downstairs =)

The nanny knew I had been to Kenya, so she introduced me to a couple from there, and it turns out they are from Kijabe!    Crazy small world!  I also met another Kenyan who came here just a year or two ago.   Fun times.   Wish my mom and Dan could have been there too. =)

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Awesome, Awesome!!! I suppose I would have been embarrassed though because my Swahili is not very good!!! Amazing the people God brings into our lives!!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

SO COOL! It is a small world - much smaller now with the internet and planes and all that... Very neat though to think of you living on the same street and the different recipes and cultural things you were introduced to.