Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Apple and Pumpkin Deliciousness...

 After picking 24 pounds of apples, we've been making a lot of yummy apple dishes... and some pumpkin ones, too!

First up... these Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars are Amazing!!!

Shortbread, spiced apples, streusel topping and salted caramel sauce on top... MMmmm..

I've made these twice - they are my favorite apple thing EVER!


This Salted Caramel Sauce is unbelievably good.... on Everything.

4 ingredients and sooo good

Next I made applesauce!

All ready to go!

The finished product - my kids prefer it less sweet and with no spices, so it's super easy! =)

An oldie but a goody, Myrtle's recipe for Apple Dapple Cake!

We love this for breakfast

On to Pumpkin...

Steph mentioned these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls on facebook, so I had to try them...

I don't know if I did something wrong, because they turned out "good", not amazing.   The recipe for these is not on my food blog (as it wasn't a winner for me), but you can find the recipe here.


Pumpkin Cheesecake dip...

I think the most fun part about this was getting to serve it in a pumpkin!


I made this creamy, sweet dip for our house church on Sunday and it got cleaned Out!   I served pretzel crisps with it, but apples or graham crackers would be good too.

Which lead to these...

I figured if the Salted Caramel Sauce and the Pumpkin Cheesecake dip were both so good, they should be epic when combined with a cupcake for a Thanksgiving Day dessert!

I hollowed out the middle of the cupcakes and piped in the cheesecake dip before frosting...

...and then drizzling them with Salted Caramel Sauce

YUM
I recommend chilling these before serving them

I think pumpkin scones are on the way tomorrow...

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

YOu are making me want to EAT!!! Yummy!!!

The Woodfords said...

Oh, I'm so sorry the pumpkin cinnamon buns didn't work out! We really liked them! I definitely want to try out a few of your recipes here - especially that first apple one - mmmmmm!!!

Those cupcakes look AMAZING, but seeing as how I would eat too many of them, I think I'll pass this time!! ;)

Love you!
Steph