Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Scrabble Babble

I have fond memories of playing Scrabble with my mom. Well, mostly fond - she usually whipped my tail! =)   I think it was a great experience for me, though and I probably learned a lot.

I randomly decided to teach Keenan to play last week... and he really likes it!   I think he likes the math component of adding the tiles up and trying to get on double or triple scores. =)

Here is one of our finished boards

Here is one of the sets I drew!   What!?  =0/

Keenan with his 45 point word!   "Chime" got him 15 points (with a double letter under the "M"), and then he also hit a triple word!   I was soo proud of him!

He and I have played every day since (he's prepping to play Grandma Woodford and a couple Michigan aunts at Christmas!) =)   I've also convinced Philip to play a couple times, and last night he and I Tied at 213! =)

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Too bad you couldn't spell your name on the board, it would have taken care of a few of those vowels. What did you do with them??? I've been in that dilemma before too, it rots!!

Mom E said...

I like scrabble too. Maybe Keenan and I can play when I get there. He's got skill. :0)