Thursday, August 14, 2014

Back to School!

On Saturday, we went to a local "fun park", because Philip had a discount through his job.

Caleb picked a couple rides, since he couldn't do the stuff the rest of us did...

He chose the train with Daddy

It turned out to be a little more intense than we'd thought!

...but he had a great time!

Then he and I did the helicopter - it was fun because you could control the up or down with the bar in your lap...

He only wanted to be up! =)

Next, the kids did the junior go carts by themselves...

This was the largest go cart Moriah had ever been on by herself and she did great!

Happy dude

Then we did the big go carts in pairs:

Keenan and I went first

It was getting too dark for good pictures

Philip and Moriah out on the track

...and coming back in

Then the kids did bumper cars:

Moriah was awesome!

Intense

Back to the go carts and we switched up partners:


Keenan was doing thumbs down because they didn't win =)

 Off we go!



We were going to play mini golf, but it was getting late, so the kids decided to do bumper cars again... I took Caleb out to see if he wanted to go on the bumper boats (he didn't), and when I came back in, Philip had joined the kids on the bumper cars and they were the only ones in there!  How fun!



 Haha!




 Then I got a turn:



 I was a little dizzy after =)

We started back to school on Monday, August 11th.   Our CC weekly program doesn't start for another month, but we wanted to get our school days started, since we're supposed to keep the same number of school days as the public schools here.

So handsome!

=)

She's so excited to learn!

How could you not be with fun pencils like this??

I Love that Keenan is at the stage where it's beneficial for him to read out loud sometimes and that Moriah and Caleb benefit from being read aloud to! =)

Reading a book about sharks

For exercise (and exploration), we took a walk (about 3/4 of a mile) around the small ponds in our neighborhood.   We saw lots of fun stuff - ducks, small fish, a turtle, a few frogs, some shells...

..and this handsome guy =)

 My "bean plant" is looking gorgeous - Ha!

 I have super talented kids =)




The kids were playing dress up the other day and Keenan squeezed into this uniform...


I think it fit him a little better when he was 18 months old! =)


3 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

The title of this post strikes fear into my heart...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first day of school pictures. YOU my friend, have infinite ideas and creativity.

And I'd forgotten how cute Keenan was when he was 18 months old.

Love you all!

Mom W. said...

Wow, amazing that he could still get into an outfit he wore at 18 months!! Good field trip around the ponds!!!

Mom E said...

haha,I Love how talented my grandchildren are! Can't believe Keenan fit into the uniform. Where was the fun park located? It looked like a lot of fun!

Love, Mom