Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The End of a Chapter

 (This post has been in the works for a while, just getting around to posting it now).

MOPS.  Mothers of Preschoolers.   What a great organization to encourage and unite moms in such a crucial stage of parenting.    I had never heard of MOPS until we moved to Florida and my friend, Andrea (blond hair, brown shirt in this first picture), convinced me to join the group she was attending.   What a great decision that was!   Seven years later... it was time for me to say farewell.

What a trip it has been!   This post includes my pictures from those seven years, and all the amazing women I got to know (Many of whom are my great friends today, whether they still live in this area or have moved on).

Each meeting consisted of: great food (brought by different members each week), a video or speaker, discussion time and every other week, a fun craft!

2007
October
Making manicotti to take home!



2008
April
Keenan and Tucker!


May

August
 My friend, Andrea, and I, due a few weeks apart!

These two were Such awesome coordinators!



September


Miss Carla

2009
January
 Baby shower to welcome Moriah!


 February
Valentine's meeting!

 Cute craft

March


Robin, Andrea and I and our new babies!

May

August

Lasagna fundraiser dinner!




September
Sonic donated free drinks for our meeting!!




Baby Moriah with Miss Mary (all my kids LOVED her!)

October


December


Wrapping party


We know how to Eat!


Caroling - so much fun!

2010
January

April


Goodbye to Vanessa!
May

New steering

October
Look at the size of that group!

With three week old, Xavier!

2011 (I have no MOPS pictures from this year, since Philip deployed, the kids and I travelled a TON (missing lots of MOPS meetings), and then when Philip got home, Caleb was born... busy year!)




2013
May
Jessica, our fearless leader =)

Pretty nails at spa day




October

Pinterest party - burlap wreaths!



November


Thanksgiving meal

Packing shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child

December

March

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Our fundraiser dinner!   So fun!





April

Fun Easter tree craft!



Baby Sadie's first meeting!

May
Fun photo booth picture at our fundraiser

Pretty ladies in May

Paint party at our last meeting of 2013/2014!

What a BLAST it has been and so incredibly hard to say goodbye to this phase of my life!    I have been deeply blessed and bettered by this ministry.   I love you all!

1 comment:

Mom W. said...

I guess MOPS is something I missed out on while I was raising preschoolers. So nice to have those friends and meetings now!!!