Thursday, July 10, 2014

Less Work, More Fun

Since we have moved in to the point of our home being functional, and Philip is back to work, the kids and I have taken some time for fun...

Caleb got his own Lego picture (to match Keenan's from his sixth birthday

The kids have been playing a LOT with lego and Keenan wanted me to build with him a few days ago.   "Mobiles" of any sort are not really my strong suit, so the above picture shows what I came up with instead =)   He was in favor.

Here is a true "vintage" toy!!   These are made by Slinky and are called Thing-A-Magigs.   I remember playing with them at Grandpa and Grandma Woodford's house when I was Keenan's age or younger!   I was Thrilled when they found their way into my possession all these years later!

In the middle of disorder, they took time for some sweet, quiet moments of reading together.

Yesterday the kids and I went on base to check out their water play area!   
Look at this Gorgeous pool, with three water slides on the far side and one in the shallow end!

The toddler area, that goes from zero entry level to one foot of depth

Caleb Loved it!

Moriah being silly

Keenan shooting out of one of the slides

I've never seen one of these before, but they have a rock climbing wall that comes up out of the water!   Keenan decided to give it a try..


He did SO well!


Down he goes!

This is free and it's open six days a week!   I think we will be spending a lot of time here.   There is also a pavilion where we can have lunch and a playground right outside the pool fence!

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

Wow, you have pink, purple and orange Lego??? Pretty heart!!! Yes the Building magigs bring back memories, so does the rocking chair!!! =) Beautiful Pool. Nice that you have access to it!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

Yay for less work and more play! That's what the summer's all about :)

Mom E said...

It's amazing that everywhere you live, there's really awesome water places to play! Good job Keenan on the rock climbing wall! Good job, Joia on the lego heart. :)
I've never heard of thingamagigs before. Sounds fun.