Friday, July 18, 2014

Couple More Rooms

 So... I just have to let go of the fact that things aren't going to be completely "finished" around here for a while, and I'll just post rooms as they are, and when I put finishing touches on them, I can post 'em again! =)

Here's our bedroom (I just got new bedding and I love it!)


 This bedroom is soo much brighter than our other one was!

 The decorative pillows are probably my favorite part =)

The dining room...

Still no window treatments of any sort.   Who knows if and when that will happen... =)


 I love all the windows and bright light in here and the wood floors are so pretty!

Philip just put this shelf up for me last night and I think it might be my favorite thing in the whole house!  It's like a "mantle" in my dining room (and you know how much I like mantels). =)
My favorite part is how easily I can change things around when I want to, instead of being committed to a few nails in the wall.
Yes, I bought the glass bottled drinks for us to drink, but then when I got them home and saw how pretty the colors were... they just had to go on the shelf (and I bought more for us to drink) =)

 Things have already been switched around two or three times =)

This is my idea for a "guest book".   They are painted tongue depressors: 1) because we have TONS of them, and 2) because well, we Do have a doctor in the house, so it goes with the theme.
Guests just choose a color, and write their names, the date and something about their visit.  Once I have a bunch, I'll probably make something out of them.

See, I already changed it.    I added some roses from our bush =)

4 comments:

Mom W. said...

Just as long as the tongue depressors don't get too depressing... oh boy. Cool idea!! It will be interesting to see what you put on that shelf!!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

I LOVE your pictures :) I think it was a good idea to put your pictures up now... I wanted to wait until everything was perfect, but I finally posted them. And now I'm so glad I did, because it's been 4 months, and things still aren't perfect! At least then I had the excuse of only just having moved in... :)

I LOVE your new bedding set. The colours are great!
I think the dining room is one of my favourite parts of your house...
I love the new shelf too. It's so bright and cheerful, and I know you'll have lots of fun changing it up!
I'm excited to see what you'll come up with with your guest tongue depressors. How fun!

Kendra said...

I love that shelf! I was just looking online trying to find a shelf similar to that for my boy's room. Where did you find it?

Joia said...

Kendra, the shelf is the Ribba picture ledge from IKEA. =)