Monday, April 7, 2014

Portraits of Reconciliation

WOW.  I just came across an article that blew me away.

When the Rwandan genocide took place, I was 12.   I don't remember much about the actual event, but since then have watched Hotel Rwanda and Beyond the Gates, both powerful movies about the events of that horrible time.

Now, 20 years later, the victims and perpetrators of the genocide continue to be reconciled.    Check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/06/magazine/06-pieter-hugo-rwanda-portraits.html?smid=fb-share&_r=1

1 comment:

Mom W. said...

Isn't it amazing!! I have read a couple of really good books about it too and heard testimonies since of what is going on. Please pray for a lot of the perpetrators who continue to hide out in Congo and wreak havoc there!!! Not fair....