Sunday, February 16, 2014

Philip's Birthday/the Rest of Valentines

Here are a few pictures from what we did on Valentines, followed by our little birthday surprise for Philip...

Sweet girl with her Daddy
(My friend, Jen, made the cute shirt)

I couldn't resist this shirt on the $3 rack at Walmart and the kids love it =)

The kids hadn't had the jeep out in a while, so we charged it up and they had a blast!  Keenan hardly fits anymore!

Caleb Loved it!

Goofy kids

Moriah at the wheel

Caleb's first time DRIVING!

Fun heart shaped lollipops =)

Cheers!

=)

Philip came home and said that "Publix was having a deal, where if you buy three pizzas, you get three roses for free!"  Ha!  I'm a little suspicious.

A few days ago, Moriah said Philip, "What kind of birthday are you going to have, Daddy?" (she doesn't realize that adults don't really get "themed" parties).
Philip jokingly said, 'I can't decide between Lego and robots."
I said, "You know, you could easily do both."
Moriah said, "And Michigan!"
Philip laughed and said, "Okay, Michigan Lego Robots, then"

The kids and I put our heads together, and this is what we came up with...
(We set it all up in the office and surprised him when he woke up)

A Michigan Lego Robot party!

I was fairly happy with the Lego robot I built 
(with the help of Keenan and Moriah finding me all the right pieces and cheering me on)

Fun Lego topper

Back side of the cake

Keenan made this

Card from Keenan

With three of his biggest fans

He only got one candle for each 11 years =)

...and when it was time to cut the cake, we still had one surprise left! =)

Happy Birthday, Philip!   We love you soo much!

4 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

I LOVE the themed birthday for Philip! So cool! You are so creative, and it's so neat that you all worked on this to make it a special surprise! Good job guys!

PS- I love the black and white picture with the red heart lollipops. So cool!

Mom W. said...

Wow, that was amazing!! Good job Joia, Keenan and Moriah!!! and a belated Happy Birthday to Philip!!! You always make it look like it wasn't so much work, but I am sure it took quite a bit of time to do all that!!!

Jessica said...

so cute!! Love the topper and the cake and all of it. I am glad you guys were feeling better for Valentine's Day and Phil's bday. Oh and LOVE Moriah in that dress on the 1492 post. It's so pretty on her!! :)

Kathleen said...

I posted on FB but wanted to post here too... What Rebekah said! :)
You did great on your lego robot and the cake, topper...all of it! So fun! Thanks for being such a great wife and mom! Love you. Happy Birthday, Philip! Can't wait to see you all in just a few hours! :)