Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Heel of 2013

I just realized, that even though I've already posted my year end review, I had some pictures left over from the last few days of the year that hadn't got posted yet!

On our way home from Michigan, we stopped in to see Trisha and Charlie... they and their kids gave the kids some pretty sweet gifts!

Kiah passed down her American Girl Bitty Twins and stroller to Moriah!
(Moriah was in complete shock and loves them sooo much!  She named them Jack and Emma)

Micah had just recently returned from a mission trip to Kenya!
The boys got a motorized car and Thomas the train

On the 30th, Kevin Gray was promoted to Major!

It was the first time we had really seen their whole family of SIX together since Girma arrived from Ethiopia!   Such happy times!

All the crazy kids

Some random pictures of the kids in new Christmas clothes...

Handsome brothers

Sweetness

Love these three!

Caleb (and Moriah) got into the stickers =)

We decided to stay in for New Year's Eve this year.  It was fun!

With our little partiers - so excited to stay up!

Cheese!

This girl and her poses!

Some early toasting and ice cream in case they didn't make it to midnight

Caleb loved the bubbly!

Moriah liked the fancy glass

Cheers!
(Keenan ended up going to be at 10:30 because of a bad attitude, but the other two kept going strong all the way to midnight, we couldn't believe it!)

Ringing in the New Year!

The kids look so thrilled =)

I don't have pictures, but yesterday I finished up the Holiday Runner's Streak (run every day from Thanksgiving through New Year's).    I thought it would be a fun challenge and I'm glad I did it, but boy, there were certainly a LOT of Not fun things about it!   HAVING to run every day is not always fun (or convenient!)  I did some super late runs, some really early ones, some in the rain, and the snow, and boy, was it good to check those 34 days off the calendar one by one!   I logged 80 miles and I'm sure it kept away more than a couple "holiday pounds!"  I had one close call and was headed to bed at 10:20 one night when I realized I HADN'T RUN YET!  Oh No!!!  So... I put on my running clothes and went out and did a chilly run in the dark before climbing into my warm bed.  Phew!

...and that's it - the last pictures of the year.   Lots of excitement to come in 2014!

1 comment:

Mark and Rebekah said...

It looks like you guys had a fun New Year's Eve :)

I LOVE Jack and Emma! What a special thing for Kiah to do!

I hope the first few days of the New Year have been great for you (I can't wait to see pictures of your trip to Colorado) and that 2014 is an AWESOME year for you all! Love you!