Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Never Thought We'd See the Day...

Well, it happened. It Snowed here last night and this morning everything was covered in ice!

Yesterday, I put a bunch of random things out on the deck railing to see how they'd look covered in ice today.. =)






Yes, I even froze some left over spaghetti

Chilly elephant

Icicles on our canopy

Frozen flip flops

Philip's car


Myrtle's house covered in snow

Look at the street!


Yes I was out in my pajamas as soon as I got up =)


Like Mother, like son =)

Keenan and I braved the 24 degree (-4C), plus wind to go get some pictures of the surrounding area.   I certainly wasn't going to drive on the slipper roads, so we walked....

Icy berries in our yard

On the way down to the water

Icy dock on the bayou

So weird!

We were not dressed warmly enough for the wind and were Freezing!!

Snow on a palm tree trunk

Frozen puddle

Snowy palm fronds

Icy magnolia leaves

Icicles on an old lamp post

So cool



More frozen berries

Icicles streaming off the ends of the palm trees

Longest icicle I found

The hill by our house

Back in our yard

What a cool, historical event to be part of!   Philip also got to stay home from work because they closed most of the base down!   Woohoo!

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

Epic!!! You got your wish!!! =)

Kiley said...

30 years ago Florida had a similar freeze. My sister was 3 and my mom had taken her to Florida to visit my grandparents. My mom said she couldn't find a sweat shirt, gloves or hat to save her soul. Coming from Maine and flying to Florida she just never thought she would need them.

Mom E said...

Soooo, it looks like that lamp post took you to Narnia, eh?

I saw pics on FB but so glad I came here to see "the rest of the story". I bet that was so much fun. And isn't it ironic that here you are from the "true north" where what you saw on that day would've been considered a 'dusting' and no big deal, was in fact, a huge deal now. It truly is a matter of perspective. Only wished we could've gotten some of that here in Brevard county!

Loved the mother-son pj pics too! What fun memories. Love, Mom