Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Mantel 2013

After last year's crazy, busy, bright mantel, I decided to do a more simple, rustic one this year...

I had to buy new lights because ours had burned out, but other than that, I only spent about $6.

These were made from extra floor tiles we have in storage and a red sharpie =)

This banner was made by a friend of mine as part of a "product for photos" swap

Some fun shots from beside the tree


These old boards were in our "underground storage"... I didn't even wash them!
The snowflakes were a package of ornaments I bought.  I attached them with
hot glue and made "fingerprint snow" to help them pop a bit

Aunt Mary D made this for me several years ago - it's a music box!

This little moose is one of my favorite Christmas decorations and he seemed to fit in here

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

Very nice!! Creative, as usual!!

Mark and Rebekah said...

I LOVE it! Especially the old boards with the green snowflakes! Now if only I could get the time and energy to do ANY decorating at my house... I'll look back at this post for inspiration!

Mom E said...

Agree with your mom, Joia. So fun and creative as usual! Oh dear Lord, do you think you could give me even just 1/2 of the creativity You have gifted my DIL with? :)