Well, the first thing isn't particularly a kid thing, but it is fun! =)
The Best No Bake Bars are on my food blog now. Super easy, and they add some more delicious flavors and textures to the regular no bakes.
These next couple of activities have been added to my Fun Summer Activities post:
I noticed today that we have a ton of tin foil (two unopened rolls after the one I'm using), so I decided to find a fun craft that uses it! I Love this one!
1. Supplies - foil, scissors, cereal box (or any cardboard), masking tape, yarn and permanent markers (washable or dry erase ones do not work well).
2. Cut small slits at random points around the edges of the cardboard.
3. Hook your yarn through one of the slits and start criss crossing the cardboard.
4. When it looks the way you want, you're done!
5. Wrap the cardboard in foil and tape to the back.
6. Rub your fingers over the yarn to make it "pop out". Get decorating!
Caleb peeking over Moriah's shoulder
Intent on the task at hand
This craft was so fun, I even joined in!
I'm pretty sure everyone has seen the Diet Coke and mentos experiment, but we realized today we had never shown our kids! What fun!
I love the look on Keenan's face!
In case you haven't done this before, this is what you do:
Open a 2 litre of Diet Coke (outside!)
Roll up a piece of paper and put six mentos (stacked) inside
Place a playing card over the opening to the bottle
Stand up the roll of paper on top of the playing card, over the opening.
Pull out the playing card, let the mentos drop in - and RUN!