Friday, June 28, 2013

July Mantel

I hadn't done anything new with our mantel (except clear it off and put some random stuff up there) since I did my Valentine's mantel.    This year I thought it would be fun to do a "dual Patriotic" theme for July!

Fun!

I've had two new canvases sitting around for a while, and thought it would be fun for the kids to make flags out of them!

 They did a great job!


Here's the process:   I drew the lines and taped, and they did the rest!

Keenan did the maple leaf in the middle and Moriah did most of the painting on the sides

He did so well!

Finishing up

The American flag proved to be a Much bigger job!

The stripes were the easy part

I drew in the stars, Keenan edged (most of) them, and Moriah painted in the big spaces

Keenan found it tedious after a while

Moriah ended up finishing it up and did an excellent job!

I'm so proud of both of them and will treasure these masterpieces always!!


Some other things of note on this mantel:

The metal flag and maple leaf trivets were wedding gifts from Philip's mom. =)
The "camera" was made by Rebekah for my camera party
The Canadian/American flag material is actually the apron that Philip wore at our wedding reception when we served soup to our guests!  It was perfect for this theme!

No comments: