Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Fun (2013)

What a fun day!

It started out with these:

Rebekah Storey (remember she's out of town?) made these cinnamon rolls ahead of time and had me put them in my freezer.  This morning, I baked them and delivered them to Josh for Father's Day.  The best part?  We got to have some, too!  

After breakfast, we had Philip do a scavenger hunt to find his gift:


In the kid's playhouse


Under the scale


On the back of the grill


On the trampoline


In the piano


In the fireplace


In the ice box


We counted, and between the vehicles, the jet ski trailer, bikes and strollers, there were 23 wheels out there, but he didn't have to look at too many before he found it) =)


This clue was GPS coordinates on the fan in the boy's room
(We always let Caleb flip the switch off when he wakes up)

Entering the coordinates into his phone

They ended up being way off, so we gave him clues to where his gift was hidden =)
It was actually just the box, and everything was waiting for him inside:

His stash


I LOVED this mug when I found it!   It is compatible with Lego, K'nex, and several other types of blocks so that you can decorate it any way you want to!  (Keenan and Moriah decorated it this way several days ago... I love the wheels)

Keenan's awesome card


Moriah's (she is doing so well with letters!)


Goodies


Trying out the mug

Reading his cards

 Lunch

Recipe here

In the afternoon, Philip and Keenan went kayaking for several hours with Devin and our new friend, Matt, and four kids.   From the pictures, it looks like they had fun!

 Matt and Eden in Matt's kayak

 Devin with Brooke...

 and Jade

 Brooke and Keenan

 Snack and swim break

 Matt

 I love this one of the kids!

 Nice shot of the kayaks

Matt climbing up on a bridge to get a geocache =)

We had a wonderful evening of fellowship with friends.    

Talked to all three of our dads today - we are so blessed!

3 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

I love the Scavenger Hunt idea :) Very cool!

Mom W. said...

Wow, that scavenger hunt was pretty impressive, I am sure you enjoyed the rhyming Joia!!! Great joint effort with the kids cards!!

Mom E said...

oh my I just loved everything so much I can't even begin to choose... but must admit that lego cup was pretty cute! You did an awesome job on the scavenger hunt. Impressive indeed! I loved the cards the kids made!