Saturday, May 4, 2013

Camera Themed - Early Birthday Party!

My friend, Rebekah, is very into parties, like me, and when she realized that she was going to be out of town in three weeks for my actual birthday, she decided to throw me a party early! =)

She's been in contact via email with Philip for a while, and over the last week has called and asked me a lot of random questions (none of which I knew the reasoning behind).   Lots of curiosity ensued... =)

I showed up at her house this morning and was ushered to the couch to chat with my friends while she brought me an iced chai...

... in an amazing cup that looks like a huge camera lens!
(How awesome is that??)

Next, when a couple more people had arrived, she presented me with a card that said, 

" It may be your day, but because you were tardy,
Joia, my dear, you must earn your party
So solve the four clues, the clues which I hold,
and follow the rainbow for your pot of gold.
With a snowstorm in Florida, a pic you must snap,
And then you shall have the next spot on your map..."

The "snowstorm in Florida" was a Blizzard... so we were off to DQ for our first picture...


The next three clues took us to, the church where we did C.C.


...and then to one of our favorite places, Lincoln Park:


Lastly, we went back to Rebekah's house, where I found awesome gifts, delicious food and incredible decorations waiting (I'd not been allowed into that part of the house previously)...

Gifts

Inside the camera box was a Ton of money!  (This isn't nearly all of it)
Rebekah, all of my friends at the party, as well as family on both sides had pooled money to let me get a new fancy camera!  WOW!   What an incredible surprise!   I was completely shocked and overwhelmed by such a thoughtful and GENEROUS gift.   
(Thank you to All of you who contributed to this!)

With hundreds of my favorite pictures, Rebekah made awesome decorations that were hanging over the food table...

Look at these awesome fabric transfers!

A garland of my photos interspersed with old cameras =)

The amazing food - Thank you for all the delicious things you made, Alaina!
(You know me well!)

Terri made these adorable and totally clever camera brownies!

The Cake

This cake was off the hook!    From the center out, it had layers of coconut gelato, chai flavored cake, a fudgy cookie layer, vanilla ice cream, then a chocolate coconut shell, topped with shredded coconut.   

Pure awesomeness.

The gorgeous host and my precious friend, Rebekah
She totally outdid herself with the thought and detail she put into this party and I am so blessed by her!

The fun and super creative "camera" she made

Say Cheese!


Alaina found this adorable photography themed journal for me

Rebekah made this beautiful camera strap!

Terri bought me a sweet camera bag to house the new camera when I get it!

What a day!    I felt so loved and celebrated by so many people I love (near and far!)   I am so incredibly blessed... =)

7 comments:

Rebekah Storey said...

:) It was so fun to put together! Thank you for being such as incredible friend to me these past 3 years. There will be left a Joia shaped hole in my heart when I move and we don't see eachother a million times a week.

Mark and Rebekah said...

Awesome party Joia.! I love all the pictures!
You have such special friends. I'm glad that even though you're so far from family, you have such an amazing group of friends to support you and love you. You do so much to make others feel special, and I'm really glad that you had the opportunity to feel the same way today. Happy early birthday,
Love Rebekah :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against
hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any tips?

Here is my weblog: rc hobbies now

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever considered changing the page
layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only
having 1 or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?



Feel free to visit my web page - rc hobbies now

Mom W. said...

Your blog is great the way it is, don't change it!!! =) What a wonderful friend Rebekah is and what a special day!! So glad you got to have this. I was wondering how it went!! Go picture girl!!! Could we call you Picture Pixie or Digital Diva, or Photo Sphynx or... Cheese Mama (maybe not)? =)

Anonymous said...

What awesome friends you have, Joia! You are blessed!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

cheap rolex replica sale
Cheap Rolex replica watch For women
cheap rolex replica watches for women

cheap rolex replica for men
cheap rolex replica watch
cheap rolex replica watch online
cheap rolex replica watch for sale
cheap rolex replica watch sale
cheap rolex replica Watches for men
cheap rolex replica watch for sale


It is perfect time to make some plans for the long run
and it is time to be happy. I've learn this post and if I
may just I wish to counsel you some interesting
issues or advice. Maybe you could write next articles
referring to this article. I desire to read even more issues approximately it!