Sunday, March 31, 2013

Awesome Easter 2013

We did our own little egg hunt for the kids this morning in the back yard. The candy was minimal and half of their eggs had none. Instead, each egg had a slip of paper that either Philip or I had written some special activity we would do one on one with each child when they presented their "coupon". =)

Egg hunting in their jammies =)

Caleb's little hunt when he woke up from his nap

Not great, but a picture of my three Easter kids =)

Easter baskets!

The got some new Easter books, puzzles, reading lights, a stuffed animal, a chocolate bunny and easter egg bubble gum

You can see what Caleb liked best! =)

With their monkeys =)

I just love this bright sunny picture of the kids (and dog) waiting for our friends!

Squinty Moriah and I =)

Here's the finished cookies you saw yesterday
"Place card cookies" for each person

Adult's table

=)

Kid's table (along with the Resurrection story eggs in the middle)

We all did family pictures in front of one of Myrtle's beautiful azalea bushes:

Cute kids!

The (expanding in two weeks!) Penny family

The Gray Five

My faves =)

Us girls

Caleb had a Very active morning, climbing all over the play set and going down the slide too many times to count!

Devouring his own special cookie

He got a chocolate ducky instead of a bunny
(I think it's adorable!)

Tonight we had small group at the Gray's and celebrated Vivi's "Gotcha Day", the day they brought her home from Guatemala!

Desserts I made to take - pavlova and cupcakes with red (Vivi's favorite color) V's

Caleb chillin' with Rebekah

A fun tradition - the "Running of the Guatemalan Flag"!
(After the she ran it, each of the kids got a turn)

Blowing out the candles on the cupcakes

With her happy parents!

Caleb busting into his cupcake 

We ended the evening singing around a fire =)

Caleb showing off his skills on the drum

We are soo blessed!   Praise God for a RISEN Savior!

8 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome Easter! I love all of the pictures you took, so beautiful. You are so blessed to have so many good friends to spend your weekend. Love you all, and hope the rest of your April is awesome!

Mom W. said...

Fun times!!! Happy Easter!! Yes indeed, we are blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

What's up, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to get most up-to-date updates, thus where can i do it please help.

my blog post ... increase sperm volume

Mom E said...

My how you have been blessed with such wonderful friends! I loved all the photos (hard to pic a fav) -- the one of the Penny's with their daughter's hand on mommy's tummy & their son reaching back touching his daddy was a picture that spoke a thousand words! Priceless! So excited and happy for them.
Loved the kids in their pj's of course, and what a creative idea with the tulip cookies. So much more I could say... :)

Mom E said...

P.S. I guess I will say more... lol.. I forgot to say how much I LOVE the fam pic of you guys! One of the best pics of you. Even Caleb had a great smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Good day! I simply would like to give a huge thumbs up for the good information you’ve here
on this post. I might be coming back to your blog for extra soon.


Feel free to surf to my web-site ... SEO

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I simply wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you’ve got right here on
this post. I will probably be coming again to your blog for extra soon.



Feel free to surf to my page: queen seon deok cast kim nam gil profile

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for
the great info you have right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your
weblog for more soon.

My web page :: semiotics examples in movies