Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home Again

This could be called the "Mark and Rebekah" post, since most of these pictures have them in them.  =)  I took them the last night I stayed with them before heading home yesterday.

People have always been able to tell Mark apart from the rest of us because he was "Mark the Dark", well, now (for a little while) I've crossed over to the dark side, too! =)

Such a great friend... we shared Many laughs =)

Trying out my hair for a mustache =)

My family, my friends =)

It was a GREAT trip.   So much fun and great memories packed into just over three days!   It's always nice to stay in the home I grew up in, eat my mom's (amazing cooking), and hang out with family, just chatting, laughing, or playing a game.   The snow was beautiful and it was fun to get some pictures of Caleb in it.    Thankfully, the roads were always clear, so I never had to drive in really bad weather (which I'd been nervous about).  I enjoyed Sunday morning fellowship with my parent's house church family. It was great to get to see so many friends over the weekend (if briefly) that I hadn't seen in so long!

I had breakfast with Laura Monday morning before heading to the airport.    We ate at a place called "Organic Works" (I think).  It was delicious!!

Our travel home went well overall.   My flight leaving Detroit was quite late, (we walked the length of 33 gates several times, and introduced Caleb to moving sidewalks), and I only ended up having enough time to deplane and immediately board my next plane in Nashville!    The weather was so bad during that flight that we didn't get any drink service, since the turbulence kept the stewardesses in their seats the entire flight!

When we reached Panama City, it was pouring rain, so we got quite drenched on the walk out to the van in the extended parking lot.

We were Exhausted, but, upon reaching home, were greeted by three family members Extremely happy to see us, a house in pristine order and a special treat - homemade cookies and cream ice cream!   Philip had also done multiple "fix it" things around the house.  How awesome is that?? =)

Love being back with my Keenan and Riah! =)

It was a sunny, breezy, 70 degree day here.   That's more like it. =)    This (now) Southern girl, is happy to be home! =)

A huge thanks to Philip for giving me the time away, arranging all my travel, and hanging with the kids this weekend.   Also, thank you to the Pennys and Grays who watched Keenan and Moriah for us on Thursday and Friday while Philip was at work.  You are such a blessing to us! =)

4 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

I know I've said this MANY times in the last few days, but I'm SO GLAD the trip worked out! It was so nice to be able to spend time with you!

Thanks Philip, Keenan and Moriah for sharing Joia and Caleb with us! We had an awesome time!

Love Auntie Bekah :)

Bruce Woodford said...

Yes, Thank you so much Philip, Keenan and Moriah for sharing Joia and Caleb with us for a few days! It was super! Glad you got back home safely, Joia! Lots of love to all.

Grandpa

Hannah=) said...

Glad you made it home safely Joia!! Looking forward to seeing you this summer and spending time with you doing our family photo shoot:) Can't wait!! Talk soon:)

Mom W. said...

Catching up... yes, thank you Philip for letting Joia and Caleb come!!!