Saturday, December 8, 2012

Moriah's Fourth (Rainbow) Birthday Party

 Today was Moriah's fourth birthday party.   Like every year, even though her birthday isn't until the 17th, we have her party early so it doesn't get lost in all of the December activities and so that her friends are actually available to come. =)

 The cake
(One of the most fun and easy to decorate cakes I've ever made - more to come later!)

 Rainbow name

 I love these rainbow lollipops

 Our sweet girl!   This rainbow skirt was made especially for this party by my friend, Elizabeth, from Michigan

The whole table

 Boys in the tree

We got the photo prop set and backdrop out and had fun taking pictures of (most of) the guests! =)

 Moriah and Eden

 With Keenan and Elijah

 Alaina and Kevin =)

 Devin and Melissa

 Brooke, Nora Jane, Luke and Jade

 Rebekah and Joel (love this one!)

 My man and I

 Moriah and Judah

 Food

 Rainbow fruit

 Most of the kids

 The rest

 Present time

 So many pink things =)

 Yay, cake!

 During the singing

 Blow 'em out!

 Cutting in to the cake...

 Woohoo!   This rainbow cake (as I'm sure you've all seen on pinterest or elsewhere) was sort of the inspiration for this party and I was sooo excited to make it!

 Bam!

 She said the cake was her favorite part of the day =)

 Yum

 Lots of kids and rainbow cake!

Me and my girl =)

What a fun day!   Rain this morning meant that most things had to be moved inside, but it brightened up by party time and was a gorgeous day!   We were so blessed to be able to celebrate Moriah with so many of our special friends!  Thank you All for coming and for your sweet gifts =)

4 comments:

The Woodfords said...

The cake is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!!! Hadn't seen it before, but it looks pretty and delicious! Looks like you had a really fun day!!
Lots of love from us!
xo

Heather said...

I am so in awe of how amazingly you do birthday parties. Happy birthday to Moriah!

Anonymous said...

happy early birthday Moriah! And wow that cake is awesome!
:)
Kristin

Mark and Rebekah said...

Sorry it took me so long to get on here to comment! What beautiful pictures! Your special little girl is blessed to have such a special mommy who puts so much time and effort into making birthdays so, well, so special :) I LOVE the cake, and the roses on the outside of it are beautiful! I can definitely see why Moriah said the best part of her day was the cake!
Love you, and please wish Moriah a Happy early Birthday :)