Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Terri!

My friend, Rebekah, and I were honored to host a 30th birthday party for our sweet friend, Terri, last week.   She didn't want a big deal made out of her birthday, but 30 is a big deal, and we didn't want it to pass by quietly with no fuss... =)

She really likes purple, so we went a little crazy with it.

Ombre cakes are all the rage these days, so I thought I'd try my hand at one

I also made brownie pops (in front) and Rebekah made some Huge chocolate dipped marshmallow pops!   There was no shortage of sugar at this party!

Pretty stuff

Rebekah made the table and window sills really pretty with lights and candles

Eating dinner

The birthday girl with her cake

Busting into the brownie and marshmallow pops!

Time for "photo booth" fun!
(I brought my photo prop set and we all laughed soo much doing these pictures!)

With Melissa

and Tiffany

and Nathalie

...and me =)

and Rebekah

Rebekah and I

Funny group shots



My co-host and I 

Oh ya, Caleb was there too =)

We also got to dip apples in caramel and yummy toppings!


A normal group picture

Melissa thought it would be hilarious to put one of the empty bottles of sparkling cider with my sleeping baby =)

1 comment:

Mom E said...

Looks like so much fun. What a beautiful cake, Joia! Had to google what an ombre cake was! Had no clue it was "all the rage". Jessica and I are experts at pom poms now after Adilyn's b'day party! :)