Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas Mantel 2012

It seems a little early to be posting about this, but... here it is. =)

Philip is pretty serious about not putting up the tree until after Thanksgiving, so I was surprised that, when Keenan asked if we could decorate the mantel for Christmas, he said yes! =)

I liked the idea of doing a Christmas tree theme.  I either used trees I already had, made my own, or used/made things in the shape of trees.   There are eight in this picture.



Since the kids were so excited about doing the mantel this year, I also wanted to make it bright and fun for them.


I Love this free printable!  You can download your own here
(Since this is a kid house, the wooden stacking toy, topped with a star, seemed close enough to a Christmas tree to me) =)

Remember this shelf?   It was perfect for holding some cute Christmassy things

This is one of my favorite parts.  I saw a similar idea somewhere online, where someone had made a Christmas tree shape on the wall.   The kids loved helping me find random little things around the house to make our Christmas tree canvas =)

I made this red tree by covering an old (falling apart) silver one with paper leaves.
We just got the little elf, "Christopher Pop-In-Kins" and I think he's adorable!

Some brightly colored bunting and an old pallet board painted and stenciled, and there you have it, my Christmas mantel =)

2 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

I love your mantle Joia! I really like that it's Chrismassy, but still with a Florida flavour... You know what I mean? I think maybe is't all the blue that gives it a slightly beachy vibe...
Anyway, I love it :)

Mom W. said...

Wow, interesting ideas, I couldn't find Waldo on the tree though... =)