Friday, November 2, 2012

Caleb's Winnie the Pooh Birthday Party

Birthday party time again in our house. This year, for the first time, I have two parties only a month apart! I decided to do a Winnie the Pooh theme for Caleb. I did this (sort of... I didn't really know what I was doing with parties back then) for Keenan's first birthday too. Since all of the friends we had then moved away, I didn't have to worry about doing a redo on this theme! =)

Instead of doing the party at our house, I decided to do it in a more rustic, "Hundred Acre Wood" type setting at a wooded picnic area on base.  The weather was gorgeous.

Yes, the bunting does actually say "Caleb", it was just a little breezy.. =)


Beehive cupcakes

This is the same cake I made for Keenan's first birthday so it was fun to make it again five years later.

Newborn and (almost) one year pictures of Caleb

Bit O Honey.  If you haven't had these, you're missing out

Newborn prints


Some fun pictures I took last week

Love these lanterns!

I saw this streamer party tent idea on pinterest and knew it would be perfect for this party!

Kid's table

I made place mats for each kid from brown paper bags

Stitched the first letter of each name, "tasseled" the edges and voila!  A personalized place mat ready to draw on

We had a few outdoor games for the kids to play, although they preferred the nature walk Philip took them on, or just running around...

Philip showing Elijah how to play ladder ball

Sweet birthday boy

Chatting it up with Joel

Love this (most of these pictures are from Rebekah)

Time to color!




Nora Jane and Vivi really kept with the theme!  =)


Nathalie and sweet Baby Jane


Happy Boy

Presents!

Caleb Loves Alaina!

The Grays gave Caleb this Adorable pull toy!


Being sweet with Vivi

Cake time!

He was Not happy about this picture! =)

Getting all cleaned up

Happy again - he loved the streamers

My friend, Rebekah (who has a business making booties), made these "special edition" ones for Caleb... I LOVE them!!!

Up in the air!

The kids playing football with one they found in the bushes


I love this one of Moriah with her cupcake

She and Nora Jane playing bean bag toss

All the boys

Moriah snuggling with Daddy

Birthday boy all partied out!

Thank you, Philip, for all your help setting up and taking down, thank you to our wonderful friends for coming to celebrate with us and for your sweet gifts!  What a fun day!  Five more days until this boy is ONE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! Looks like a great party and everyone had fun! Happy birthday Caleb!!! Wishing you many more to come!
Love you guys!
Kristin

Mom W. said...

Wow, what a great party, I like the presents one when his mouth is open like he is surprised at what he is getting!!

Sorry, his present from us will be late.

Mom E said...

I love, love, love, all the decorations and the creative ideas for this party. Those personalized place mats were SO cool, the streamers...everything! I'm so amazed that most of these things are your own creative ideas! I appreciate it even more since Jessica and I did a Pinterest b'day party for Adilyn. We are both craft-challenged, so it was great to find things on that site.
Sure wish we could've been there in person. Miss you all so much.