Thursday, September 13, 2012

Train Trippin' to Chicago

Today we drive to New Orleans, get on a train... and won't get off until we get to Chicago tomorrow morning!

How fun is that!?!  =)

Philip planned this several months ago, because he thought it would be a great experience for the kids to see what train travel is like.   I may be more excited about it than they are!  I've never slept on a train or had meals in a dining car, and I can't wait!

Once we get there, we'll spend a day and a half, doing fun stuff around the city and then will get back on the train Saturday afternoon and be home by Sunday evening.

Will check in once we get to the windy city! =)

6 comments:

Aunt Heather said...

Sooooooooo jealous!

Mom W. said...

That is SUCH a great idea!!! Good job Philip. Train travel is really fun. We used to go overnight from Nairobi to Kampala to go home on between terms when I was at RVA. Good memories!! Hope the kids enjoy too!!

The Woodfords said...

Looks like fun!! Tim was wondering if you could check out train prices from Hermosillo to London, ON? ;)
Have a super time!
Love, Steph

denise said...

I've never done that. How fun! You should call my brother to come meet you guys for a meal!

Aunt Heather said...

It's my kind of town!

Mom E said...

When U. Dave & I were little, we took the train to Chicago for the day with my dad. I was too young to really remember anything but the train ride but it was fun. I have always wanted to go overnight. I know I am really behind again and catching up so as I read on, I will hear if you liked it or not. ;)