Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Mantel and Wreath

It's mantel time again... =) I love the changing of seasons (no matter how subtle those changes are here in Florida)

Here is my fall mantel (at least the first draft - no fresh pumpkins for sale here yet)

Cute free printable artwork from the Internet

Philip was thrilled to see this up there (football is, after all, a pretty big part of fall)

I picked these frames up at a second hand store for 25 or 50 cents a piece a while ago, with just this type of thing in mind 

This frame was a trash rescue that I painted.  The piece of wood is the back side of the paneling artwork I did a while ago, which is normally displayed in our back hall 

I bought these two pieces at Goodwill a few months ago for $1.99 a piece

I Love this "D" that I got at Old Thyme Pottery
The cupboard door was pulled out of some one's trash a couple weeks ago.  (It was hunter green and I painted it and distressed it a little).   The pumpkins/gourds are from Walmart, 97 cents a piece.


My fall wreath...


I've had the foam wreath for a while.  I wrapped it in a brown tutu (left over from my sugar and spice selling days), glued it on and wrapped it with a ribbon.



I recently acquired a ton of brown paper bags at the Commissary and looked online to see what sort of cool stuff I could make out of them.  When I came across this (the world's easiest) tutorial to make a little gnarled brown paper tree, I was delighted and it ended up being the perfect thing to complete my wreath!

Happy Fall, Y'all!

2 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your wreath!

Mom E said...

Creative and thrifty! My son is blessed indeed!