Saturday, September 29, 2012

366 Days

I year ago today I got back after 222 days away from home and 193 in that country that starts with Af- and ends with -ghanistan.  My amazing wife and children met me at the airport and I've been fortunate to not have too many trips away in the last year.  Since that homecoming Caleb escaped the womb and we've had so much fun doing far too much to recount in one blog post (in fact it has taken 256 blog posts to document the last year).  Joia did a practice Tri today and then we did some family geocaching before she left for a baby shower.  While she and Caleb were gone the older kids and I hit up four more  local geocaches and then went for a swim in the pool (much warmer now than it was 364 days ago) thanks to the solar cover and a super hot summer.

At this point there are only 615 days left in my active duty service commitment (we might stay in a little bit longer than that for logistical reasons) but crazy to think we already need to start thinking and praying about life after the Air Force.  Thank you to everyone who supported Joia while I was gone and the support we have gotten since.  Please continue to pray for the tens of thousands who are still away from their families today.

3 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

It's so good to have you home Philip!

(Also, it's crazy how quickly a year goes by!)

Rebekah

Mom W. said...

Wow, a whole year already!!!! SO glad you made it home safely Philip, and So nice to have a post from you!!! Less than two years left... I was wondering about that the other day!!

Mom said...

So funny to read a post from you, my engineer, doctor, son...it's full of numbers and facts! :0) It is hard to believe a year has passed already. I have wanted to do geocaching every since I read a book about it! What are your options for life after the USAF, btw? I love you, Mom