Saturday, August 11, 2012

Beautiful City!

I had hoped to have these pictures on here yesterday, but had some uploading issues. Anyway, here's what we did yesterday (Events not in the exact order they occurred):

This is what has always popped into my head when I think about California =)

Soo happy to be here!

Beautiful La Jolla Cove

My handsome men

Pretty pelican shot

Sea lions lounging on the shore!

I had no idea sea lions were such a common sight here!

Handsome fellow

This guy was scratching with his back flipper

Pretty shore

Snoozin'...

What?? =)

I think this is a different kind - they were more spotted


Philip and the crashing waves

Me

A sweet one


Ha!  I love how this shot looks like Caleb is just standing here (sea lions in the background)

Cabrillo National Monument at Point Loma

Cabrillo led the first European expedition to explore what is now the West Coast of the United States.

The monument

Philip on Point Loma with the ocean (and Mexico) behind him

It was soo windy!

Wide angle shot of San Diego bay and Coronado Island

We were thrilled to see a ship coming in to port

A close up

Next we went down to the shores of Point Loma to check out the tide pools.   The tide was too high to see them, but the ocean was still beautiful!

I love this shot of Caleb

Sweet boy

Philip caught a big wave behind us!

On the edge of the Pacific

My handsome boys!

Favorite picture of the day

Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery
A beautiful, but sobering sight




One of many marinas

Mount Soledad

A beautiful view on the way up

A Veterans Memorial at the top


All of us

I love this one =)

He's trying to eat my necklace

Enjoying the beautiful grass

Part of the huge memorial

Beautiful La Jolla beach



Just a glimpse into the beautiful sites we've been blessed to see the past couple of days!

2 comments:

The Woodfords said...

Beautiful pics, Joia - glad you're enjoying your time there! We're planning to go the last week of August for a family vacation - I'm looking forward to it! Love the pic of the 3 of you looking out to sea - gorgeous!!
Love y'all!!
Steph

Mom E said...

This photo-rich blog is amazing, Joia. I've forgotten how beautiful (& different) California is from FL! It is so beautiful there. The National Cemetery pics you got were really beautiful, and sobering as you stated. The monument wall was amazing! The sea lions were so cute! I'm SO glad you got to be there with Philip. Too bad Caleb won't remember though. :) Love you, Mom