Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trash to Treasure

24 hours ago I found this little ladder in someone's trash down the street. Now it's a prized possession in my home! =)

 I'm bummed that I forgot to take a "before" picture, but imagine... dark brown, covered in paint splatters of various colors and it was Filthy!

A quick wipe down, some paint left over from the bench and shelf in the hallway, and it turned into this!!




I used some of my super cool Martha Stewart stencils (from Rebekah W) to dress it up a little...


The top
(I love how the wood is beat up)

Steps

I'm not planning to actually use it for standing on since it's a little rickety, but it will make a nice piece of decor out on the deck or the fireplace with plants, candles, etc on it.

This seemed appropriate for the big space on the back


I love it!
(And I really like how the bricks look through the vase in the picture above)


This project cost me Nothing!  Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Mom W. said...

Way cool, I can see other plants on the other rungs... =)