Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fruit of the Spirit Art

A while ago I found this piece at a yard sale for $5.   It just shouted "old lady" to me, but I knew I could make it fun.   It was a "canvas" waiting just for me!  

NOT my style

It sat around for a while, and then I painted it all black.  And then it sat around for another while...
Just yesterday I got back to work on it.   I had decided to put the Fruit of the Spirit on it, and finally did it...

Little tags showing where each word would go

My color palette

All finished!

You'd think this would be a first step, but I have no idea where this is actually going to hang.  =)

4 comments:

Mom W. said...

Very nice Joia, you need a special room for all your creations!!

The Woodfords said...

I love it - it's beautiful!! You do amazing work!

Love, Steph

Mark and Rebekah said...

It reminds me of a chalkboard, which I (obviously) like :)

Mom E said...

I am continually amazed at your creativity. It's beautiful & I agree with your mom that you need a special room just for all your creations!