Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weekend in Ontario with Caleb

Last weekend, Caleb and I were gone for four days to Ontario. My brother, Andrew, and his fiance, Bethany are getting married in South Carolina in June, so my family had a Canadian reception for them early.

Caleb's first flight! (He was a rockstar!)

Chillin' in the extra seat (with his seatbelt on!)  =)

I had my first real motorcycle ride with Andrew on Saturday

It was awesome!

Pretty tables at the reception

Cakes my mom made

Working in the kitchen with a new friend, Alycia

A long time friend, Rhoda, that I haven't spent time with in forever!

The happy couple

Trifles I made for the dessert table

Cutting the cake

My date for the evening

My turn to make a speech

Mark and Rebekah, my hosts for the weekend

On Sunday, I spent a good part of the day with my friend Laura.

Her husband, Nathan, with Caleb

Awesome vegan pancakes she made for breakfast

Out for coffee (where we spent three hours!!)

I love this picture!

A gorgeous sunset shining through an old barn on my parent's road

At Pizza Hut with Mark and Rebekah the night before we left

Uncle Mark gave Caleb a crust to chew on

I had SUCH an awesome weekend!  It was so nice to have special one on one time with Caleb, and he was so well behaved the whole time!   Philip, thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this special weekend with my family while you watched the kids.  You rock!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures Joia! They definitely capture the happiness from the reception to a tee

Joia said...

All of the reception pictures are compliments of Rebekah! =)

Mom W. said...

Yes, thank you Philip!!!

Mom & Isaac said...

I asked Isaac what comment I should leave for this blog and he said to say, "Awesome!" I agree. :)