Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Brothers and Sisters Day

Brothers and Sisters Day is celebrated on May 2nd every year.  How had I never heard of it before this year?  It makes perfect sense, we have days to honor grandparents, moms and dads, so why not the siblings in our immediate families?

I think it's a great idea.  (Hopefully my brothers won't all be put out that I didn't send cards and gifts, though...)

Why should I need an excuse to talk about how awesome my brothers are?   I shouldn't.

Most of know I have four brothers.  Four.  Brothers.    As a kid, and even now as an adult, when people here this they say things like, "Wow, that must have been tough", or "I bet you learned how to take care of yourself..."    Really though... I had it made.   Yes, there were many times as a kid that I thought life would be better with a sister, and there were times (involving snakes, spiders, a dead rat, or the decapitated head of my favorite doll) that they drove me Crazy!!

Soon enough, I realized that, having my own room, not sharing my stuff, and being the only girl for my mom to dress up definitely had it's perks. =)


I have the best four brothers any girl could ask for.   Tim, Mark, Rob and Andrew (pictured below in that order).


Wow, I'm short

We were all born in the space of six and a half years (go, Mom!) so we're pretty close.   Since we are spread between three different countries, spending time all in one place doesn't happen often (once a year, at most), so I treasure those times like gold.

There isn't anyone I'd rather have spent my growing up years with than these four guys.

They are all handsome, godly, super fun guys who have turned into amazing men and chosen equally amazing women to be their wives.  For this fact, I am very grateful!  I also have the best sisters in law a girl could ask for and the sweetest nieces and nephews.  =)

I love you all!



3 comments:

Mark Woodford said...

That's very sweet!

I just hope that YOU aren't upset that they didn't remember presents or a card for you :)

Love Rebekah :)

Mom E said...

Hahaha, Rebekah, you are so funny. Very nice tribute, Joia. It's odd how until now I hadn't really thought about the fact that we Both (you and I) have 4 brothers! My experience was much different than yours but I still feel the same way about them that you do about yours. :) Love, Mom

Mom W. said...

Fun post, I enjoyed too!!!