Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Foods, Forts and Fun

I've been trying to shop healthier and cook healthier for our family. Last night I made Ratatouille...

We watched it and ate it at the same time!
(Neither the kids or Philip were big fans but I LOVED the dish!)

Last night (after skipping her afternoon nap), Moriah put herself to bed at 5:30! Philip was still at work, so Keenan and I had some fun time together making a blanket fort.

Here are the kids in the fort this morning with Spunky =)

View from the outside

I LOVE this picture! Caleb's expression is priceless and
he's almost as big as she is!

Big smiles!

Quinoa (keen-wa) is a new favorite of mine.

I made salad at lunch time...

... and cheesy quinoa to go with dinner

We have deck furniture but it's not set up yet, so the kids and I had a "picnic style" dinner on the deck

My sweet boy in the Bumbo (look at those toes!)

Sweet smile =)

2 comments:

aunt Heather said...

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who has trouble convincing her family that new food dishes are good! Our kids don't like ratatouille either!

Mom W. said...

Yum... I would like it!! Dad probably wouldn't!

Caleb is a doll baby!! I'll have to send some transferable squeezes with Mark and Rebekah when they go!!