Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gettin' Fit

Up until a week ago, I hadn't run in 13 months.   Ugh... that's a loooong break to take from running.   My body can attest to that.    With pregnancy and decreased exercise, I've picked up more than a few pounds along the way. =)  

Philip wants to get in better shape too, so we've started a "Couch to 5K" training program together, running three times a week.   The two youngest are in the stroller and Keenan rides his scooter.   It works well. =)

June 9th.   It's a big day.  My brother, Andrew, is getting married... and I'll be wearing a new dress. =)   Here's to a thinner, healthier, more fit me by June 9th!   Who's with me?

5 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

Me! Me! Can't wait to see the great unveil on the 9th :) Wish we could go shopping for dresses together :)

Love Rebekah

Joia said...

Yay Rebekah, glad to have you along for the ride! Hopefully you'll see some change in me when I see you in May, too! =)

Mom E said...

I wrote on FB that I too started couch to 5K but then hurt my foot by not having proper running shoes. I know you will do great, Joia.
June 9th, sigh, will be 3 years since my mom died. Glad there will be a joyous memory for that day now.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i'm not with you. i was going to be, and then i realized how comfy the couch is, and that the only thing comfier is my bed. so i'm doing the couch to bed program. how is it going, you ask? great. consistent every day. i keep my strength up with ice cream, and my spirits up with television.
ok, off for my daily practice session. good luck with the 5k! i'll be cheering you on. from the couch. or bed.

Shambach's said...

Way to go. Good luck with the Couch to 5K. I've heard great successes for people.

Doesn't work for me (only b/c I used to run track & it kills me to start out slow and work up to things) - though it would be much better than what I do - which is usually just go out and run and then have major pains all over for a week after.

Wish you the best!