Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Rest of my Wendi Visit

Okay, finally, here are the rest of the pictures from my weekend with Wendi!

Sunday

We went to Joan's house (Wendi's lifelong friend and Isaac's birth grandma) in the morning for a quick visit and then went with her to the beautiful private beach in her neighborhood. It was gorgeous!

Caleb and I chillin' in the shade

Fun times

I love this one of our feet =)

Such a sweet boy!

My favorite of Wendi and I

Tuckered out!

That afternoon, after naps for all, we went to visit with the Kits, John's family. I had met all of them before, and was thrilled to get to see them on this visit! What a wonderful family!

I LOVE this one of Wendi and the boys in the treehouse

They have an AMAZING garden in their backyard that I got a tour of! It supplies them with with at Least a dozen different vegetables, fruits and herbs... totally awesome!

Just a few of the Many things growing in their garden!
Raspberries, tomatoes, peppers and papaya

John's Dad and Abigail

Wendi and Isaac modeling the lobster hats from Aunt Betsy =)

... and Elijah

Elijah and his cousin, Grace

I love this of Wendi and Isaac

Monday

We drove to West Palm beach to visit Wendi's brother, Keith, and his wife, AD and their sweet girls...

We all (five adults, pushing five strollers containing seven kids) walked to the park near their house. It was HOT! Record breaking temperatures (87) for that time of year!

Caleb riding Clifford =)

Sweet Abigail taking a snooze

When we were finished at the park, it was time for me to hit the road..

One last picture before I left

What an amazing weekend! Totally worth all the driving. It was incredible how "normal" it was to be with Wendi again after almost two years. There wasn't a Second of weirdness, and we picked right up where we left off! She is amazing and is handling the stresses of single parenting three kids while living in various places incredibly well. It was a blessing and an honor to get to spend two days with her.

It was also really nice to just have Caleb with me and to get to love on just him for a couple days. =)

Philip, again, Thank you so much for watching the two older kids for four days for me so I could make this trip! I know you know how important it was to me and that means so much. I love you!

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Wow, great garden, great papaya!!! Yum! Love Abigail in the sunglasses!!

Mom said...

Awww, so sweet. All of it. Wendi, kids, note to Philip. :)