Saturday, February 11, 2012

Post Surgery Complications... and Answered Prayers!

Just for those of you who hadn't heard, or aren't on Facebook... here's a short update on what went on with me yesterday.

Thursday, after my surgery, I was feeling pretty well, until the evening when I tried to lie down. I had some severe chest and back pain that made it impossible to take a full breath while lying down. Throughout the night, the pain got worse, as well as lightheadedness and nausea. After I passed out three times, Philip decided we should go to the ER.

Initially they thought it sounded like a pulmonary embolism (yikes!) but after a bunch of tests, a CT scan showed that I had had some internal bleeding from my surgery site and it had pooled up around my liver and spleen. When I lay down, it would run up and irritate the nerves of my diaphragm, causing me all the pain I'd been experiencing.

The bleeding had stopped by the time they found it, so they didn't need to go in and do anything. It has now clotted and is not causing me any more discomfort. Today is a Much better day!

There were Many, many people praying for me, and I am So grateful!

Andrew and his fiance, Bethany, were here to watch the kids, which was such a blessing to us as well.

Okay, enough icky surgery stuff. Bethany and I are off to Target, and then I'm going to do some posts about the awesome projects that have been going on around here! =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the new posts :) I've been pretty curious, and always love seeing your creative ideas!

Mark and Rebekah said...

Oops, that was from Rebekah :)

Mom W. said...

SO glad you had a better night and... feel like going shopping, definitely a good sign LOL!!

Love you!

Becky said...

Oh no, I haven't been on Facebook so I missed the news that you were having surgery (Joshua has been sick). I am so glad you are doing better and will be praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Mom E. said...

I'm thankful Philip called me & I didn't hear about it on FB. I'm even more thankful the way the Holy Spirit led me to pray before any complications even arose. God is so good!

I agree with your mom...shopping is a very good sign. :)