Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

The other day I found half a can of chalkboard paint in my paint stash in the basement. I think my friend, Sarah, gave it to me last year when they moved and I forgot about it. What an exciting find! I immediately started prowling around the house, looking for some unsuspecting surface... and decided on my pantry doors.

Andrew sanding them for me

Me painting

All finished!

Stuff I read said that to properly prepare the surface for being erased, I should color with the edge of a big piece of chalk over the whole thing and then wipe it off

Finished project! =)

2 comments:

Mom E said...

I've never heard of chalkboard paint before. We used magnetic paint in Isaac's room, but oh the possibilities of chalkboard paint! It looks so fun!

Mom E said...

p.s. And loved the cars sticker on your hand too when you were priming the door with chalk...